Friday, October 17, 2008

Just in time for Christmas!

I just learned about a website where you can make money back from your online purchases. It is Shop at Home. It is a "rebate" site. When are going to buy something online, you just link through their site to the website you are looking for and you will get a certain percent of your order back. I just bought Mike some Levis from Sears. I clicked on the Shop at Home link and typed in Sears. It showed a 2% rebate. I spent $60, so I will be credited $1.20. It might not sound like much, but by the time I do all my Christmas shopping, I am sure it will all add up. Plus you get a $5 bonus the first time you buy something through the website. So actually I got $6.20. The different stores all have their own rebate amount which is between 1 and 30%. It is free to join and you can still use discount codes. The only difference is you need to click their link before you check out to get credit for the rebate. The link to sign up is on the left side of my blog. Here are a few of the rebates:
Avon 6%
Aeropostale 3%
American Greeting 20%
ITunes 3%
Dell 2%
Sirius Radio 6%
Zappos Shoes 5%
Children's Place 3%
Restaurant.com 15%
Gap 3.5%
Victoria's Secret 2%
Vermont Teddy Bear 8%
BestBuy 1%

Check it out, if you are buying something anyway, you might as well save a little extra. You can even download a program that will remind you to use their site if you are buying something from one of the participating sites. I will keep you posted on my savings and please share yours too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have decided to buy shoes from Zappos on this Christmas.